Q: How do you test a used vapor canister?

Is it possible to test a used vapor canister to see if it is working correctly? I just purchased one from a nearby auto salvage place and would like to know if it's in working condition before I install it in my car. I have been trying to find my specific canister online and how to clean it and test if it's functioning but I have not been able to find anything. Please let me know if you have any tips. Thank you

Hi there. Take an air hose and with using low pressure, blow air into the tank pipe and see if the air comes out of the other pipes with no restrictions. Then with using low pressure, blow air into the purge pipe and see if the air comes out the other pipes with no restrictions. If there is no restrictions, then the canister is good. If the pressure is less than what is being put in, then the canister would need replaced with a new one. If you need further assistance with your charcoal canister, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.