Thermostat has gone bad engines thermostats silverado 150...

Q: Thermostat has gone bad

asked by on February 15, 2016

My message center is saying Engine Hot, AC Off, but the engine isn't hot, and the coolant is full. Someone told me that the thermostat needs replacing.

It is possible that your thermostat could be causing this issue. It is also possible that a bad coolant temperature sensor is sending false information to the computer. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to come to you and diagnose exactly what is causing your thermostat problem.