Q: My car is W210 E200. I want to ask about somthing in the gearbox

in the gearbox i have 2 modes for driving E and S i want to know what they do and which is best for going car fast speed ? but what`s really important the 2 modes switched by one button goes up and down .. how do i know what mode is activated ? // if the S sign/lamp is shown then i am on S or the opposite ?

Hey there. When you are in ’S’ mode, the transmission starts out in 1st gear normally, but when you select ’W’ mode, the transmission will start out in 2nd gear to help reduce wheel slip on slippery surfaces.

Where I found this it says that ’S’ means standard, but no mention of ’E". The ’W’ mode is for winter performance and the transmission uses a higher gear with a lower torque output to help reduce wheel slip on slick roads. If you are have any problems with performance, you may want to have a local expert inspect the transmission to correct any issues.