Q: Brake light and battery light came on at the same time.

The car is driving fine, however I'm worried if it is safe to drive until I can get it in to a mechanic. I was doing some research and found out it could be the drive belt? I'm worried if the belt brakes could it cause more damage to my engine? However, I will be getting it fixed as soon as possible. I just have to get it over to a mechanic.

If your belt broke then you cannot drive it. This may cause overheating and engine stalling. Both lights can be due to low voltage conditions. Have a mobile mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you to diagnose your electrical wiring issue, inspect your brakes and battery.

3. Brake light and battery light came on at the same time.