Q: Brake light and battery light came on at the same time.

The car is driving fine, however I'm worried if it is safe to drive until I can get it in to a mechanic. I was doing some research and found out it could be the drive belt? I'm worried if the belt brakes could it cause more damage to my engine? However, I will be getting it fixed as soon as possible. I just have to get it over to a mechanic.

If your belt broke then you cannot drive it. This may cause overheating and engine stalling. Both lights can be due to low voltage conditions. Have a mobile mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you to diagnose your electrical wiring issue, inspect your brakes and battery.