Q: How do I use the steering wheel audio controls?

How do I use the steering wheel audio controls?

While you can use the buttons and knobs on the radio itself to change the station, cycle through tracks, adjust the volume and more, doing so while you’re driving can be very distracting, which is never a good thing. You can use the steering wheel controls to avoid this problem. Here’s what you need to know.

1. Make sure the ignition is on.

2. Use the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel as follows:

• Mode: Turns the radio on if it’s off. If the radio is on, use this to change the audio source (AM/FM/CD, etc.).

• Use the + and – buttons to turn the volume up and down.

• Press and hold the Mode button to mute the radio.

• Press the Up or Down buttons to cycle through stations or tracks. Press and hold it to scan through stations (you’ll hear a beep when it’s ready to search). The up and down buttons also let you cycle through tracks on a disc.