Q: Driveshaft spinning

My vehicle starts and can go into gear; however, once in gear, it doesn't move. I just hear the driveshaft spinning.

A: If the driveshaft is spinning, that means p...

If the driveshaft is spinning, that means power is flowing through the transmission to the drive shaft. If this is the case, the problem is inside the rear differential. The rear differential receives engine torque via the driveshaft and transfers that torque to the rear wheels. I suggest having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, determine why your vehicle isn't moving while in gear and make the necessary repairs.