Q: Vibration at low speeds in first and second

asked by on February 23, 2016

I get a vibration at low speeds in first and second gear. The clutch has a creaking noise when pushed in (only when pushed in and only after about 20 to 30 minutes of driving).

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Vibrations at low speeds or when the clutch initially engages are usually caused by hot spots on the flywheel. These hot spots are hardened areas of the flywheel that are caused by heat. When the clutch tries to engage on the flywheel, it just skips over these hot spots. This can cause a vibration or shudder type feel. The repair is to replace the flywheel along with the clutch assembly. The creaking noise is possibly caused by the throwout bearing. This is part of the clutch assembly and will usually be replaced along with the clutch repair. The bearing makes a creaking, chirping type sound as it starts to go bad. The repair of the flywheel and the throwout bearing is something that requires transmission removal along with a bleeding procedure for proper hydraulic system operation. I suggest seeking help from a qualified mechanic to diagnose the car’s vibration problem and make any needed repairs for the vehicle.