Q: Passenger-side brake light won't work even after replacing bulb

The brake light (passenger side) went out. I replaced the bulb and the other one while I was at it. But the passenger side brake light still doesn't work. Even tried switching bulbs to use the one that I knew was working on driver's side, but still wouldn't work on passenger side. I see that there's only one fuse control for both lights. Can you tell me how to fix this. Your help is really appreciated.

Since the problem is only on one side, you can rule out the fuse and other parts of the circuit that are shared by both bulbs. I would look closely at the connector for the nonfunctional bulb, as it may be damaged or corroded. If the bulb looks OK, you’ll want to test for power and ground at the bulb. Since the bulbs share more of the same circuit components, lack of power indicates a problem in the power side wiring. No ground would indicate a bad ground connection or a problem with the wiring on the ground side of the circuit. Electrical diagnosis can be difficult, which is why I suggest having a trained professional diagnose your brake light problem for you. The team at YourMechanic is an excellent option since we make house calls.

3. Passenger-side brake light won't work even after replacing bulb