Q: Should the "VDC" light be on or off? 2012 Nissan Xterra

Hello, i have a nissan xterra model 2012.it's VDC is working properly. my question is that should the light be "on" on the dashboard or not while I am driving and the weather is clear? no rain no snow. what time the engine output due to VDC is reduced? thanks,

Hi there - when the "VDC" light is illuminated on your dashboard, that means that Vehicle Dynamic Control is "OFF". It should be "ON" normally, so that it automatically steps in to reduce power when wheel spin is detected during snow or ice for example. You would intentionally turn VDC off when you were stuck in mud, or some other condition where wheelspin might normally result, but is OK. (You may not want your teenage son to be made aware of this!)