Q: Just recently my car started not starting. It feels like it's trying to catch but won't turn over.

I'll go to start my car and the engine won't turn over. It has all power, new battery, but seems like the engine isn't getting the fuel. Then, later in the day, the car start right up. This has happened twice within 2 weeks. I've also noticed, that a couple times I've smelt gas while driving, and then its gone. Not a strong smell, just a whiff of gas. I thought it was another car going by.

A: Many different items can cause the vehicle ...

Many different items can cause the vehicle to have a no start condition. Replacing the battery was a great place to start as that is usually the cause. Now that the battery is new and the vehicle still won't start, it's time to dig a bit deeper. Other possible causes are a failing fuel pump, alternator failure, starter failure, or a neutral safety switch. If you're having trouble, a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your starting issue and perform any repairs required.