Q: Check engine light is on. O2 oxygen sencer p0136 also other codes all with o2 sencer. Replaced all 4 but still have engin light.

Replaced all 4 cleared all codes but engin light comes back. Maybe short in system how do I go about checking. Is there a relay for this? Thank you for any help possible. Also should they all be replaced with off brand or factory? Thank you.

Hello, thank you for this. The P0136 diagnostic code stands for a circuit malfunction. This means the sensor is not giving any information to the computer and no signal is detected. There is no relay for the circuit. The best thing to do is trace the wiring and look for any obvious damage. If you have already replaced the oxygen sensor, then you know the issue is likely related to the wiring or the connection. Make sure the oxygen sensor is in place, is the correct replacement, and that the electrical connection is clean, dry, and tight. If you have a voltmeter you can perform more detailed electrical testing to find the signal and where it drops. This may end up being what needs to happen if the fault is not found otherwise.

3. Check engine light is on. O2 oxygen sencer p0136 also other codes all with o2 sencer. Replaced all 4 but still have engin light.