Q: Keeps overheating and I've already got the radiator flushed and the replaced the thermostat

asked by on October 05, 2016

It was overheating but coolant was still in the radiator but after I got it flushed for new fluid. It had coolant in the reservoir and in the radiator and it looks like its pushing it back into the reservoir and is overheating

Hi, thanks for writing in. You will need to have the cooling fan clutch checked to see if it is working properly. The engine will not cool properly if the clutch is not locking enough as the engine gets hot. When the engine is starting to get overheated turn off the engine and then spin the cooling fan with your hand to see if it is very stiff and hardly turns when you try and spin it. If the fan moves more than a quarter turn when you spin it then it will need to be replaced. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.