Q: Oil is green in color.

My engine oil looks bright green on the dipstick when I check it. The antifreeze is orange in this truck so its not that. A month ago I had a fuel injector issue. I ran the vehicle about an hour on less than full cylinders. Would the diesel have gotten into the oil somehow and made it green?

Hi there. Diesel fuel has a green tint to it. It is possible that the fuel has gotten into the oil, but most likely the diesel will just thin out the oil. If the oil if light bright green in color, then that is no fuel in the diesel, but rather coolant in the diesel. Even though you have amber coolant (extended life), the ethylene glycol will mix causing a milky color but more of a greenish milky color. In order for the oil to have the fuel green tint is to fill up the engine with mostly fuel and about only 1 gallon of oil.

__________________________________________________________

If there is fuel in the oil, then either the injector is leaking or the fuel injection pump is leaking into the engine. If the coolant is leaking, then your wet liners could have a seal that is broken. If you need further assistance with your engine oil color, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Oil is green in color.