Q: Runs for a little bit and dies

My truck starts up fine and after 30 seconds to a few minutes it will stall out, during this time the truck has no problem with hitting the gas and revving up. After it stalls out the first time and you start it up again it runs rougher and for less time, as well as having a slight problem with hitting the gas, this just gets worse and worse until the truck won't start. Before this, I had a leaking fuel pump and tank and replaced them both then the truck wouldn't start up at all. I also cleaned the fuel reservoir and replaced the inline fuel filter it didn't help at all. Then I cleaned the relays for the fuel pump and got to where I am now with it running for a little.

In order to isolate the problem you should have the fuel pressure monitored with a pressure gauge hooked up to the fuel rail. As the engine is running monitor fuel pressure when it stalls out to see if pressure drops to zero psi of pressure. If it does then the fuel pump in the tank is losing power or the pump is bad and locks up from overheating every 30 seconds. If pump is not losing voltage checked at the fuel inertia switch in right inside kick panel. If no loss of voltage then replace in tank pump.

3. Runs for a little bit and dies