Q: Starting and shaking issues on a 2007 Honda accord.

I've been hearing an occasional grinding sound when I put the key in the ignition. This was happening about 6 months ago until the car completely died. Was told that it was the starter. I replaced the starter with a remanufared one. The sound started again around a week ago. Also, the car is slow starting. It feels like it does not have the power to start sometimes, even though I replaced the battery about 2 months ago. The car is also shaking once I hit the 55 mph to around 65 mph then it goes away. Those are my issues. The car is a 2007 honda accord 2.4 v-tech lx special edition. Than you very much for your time.

Hi there. Check the alternator and see if it is making a full charge to the battery. If the vehicle is having a slow start when cranking, either the battery has lost a charge and is low or the starter is not working properly. Since the battery and starter was replaced, there could be a problem with the alternator making it hard to charge the battery up when driving. If the alternator is working fine and is putting out a voltage of 13.5 to 14.7 and has a good current output, then there could be a parasitic draw on your battery causing the battery to loose voltage while the engine is not running. To check this symptom, simply remove the negative (-) battery cable from the battery. Put a digital meter lead on the negative (-) battery cable terminal and the other lead on the negative (-) post to the battery. If there is battery voltage with the key out of the ignition, then something is still on drawing the battery down. Turn on everything one thing at a time in the car and see if the voltage drops. What ever drops that component will need to be replaced. If you need further assistance with your vehicle having a slow start, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

For the shaking issue, check the wheel hubs and see if the bearings are worn or have any grease coming out of them. A worn or loose wheel bearing will cause the vehicle to shake and can correct itself as the vehicle is accelerated to a higher speed. The shake is still there, but not noticeable due to the speed. If you need further assistance with your vehicle shaking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.