Q: Mushy brakes in 2000 Ford Taurus

So, at the moment I have mushy brakes after leaving my car alone on the drive way for about 2-3 months after running out of gas. After turning my car on and charging the battery plus making some tune ups and checking some other things. I have found out after a few test drives that my brakes are mushy. I have not touched anything that deals with the brakes so just need some assistance.

A: If the brakes feel mushy after sitting for ...

If the brakes feel mushy after sitting for a long period then you may have some moisture or air in the brake system. You should have the brake pads checked and serviced as needed if they are worn. You may have sticking calipers and caliper slides. These can be checked when the brakes are inspected. A sticking caliper could cause the low pedal or brakes to feel mushy. Have all four wheels removed and check all brake hoses and all the brake pads for damage or abnormal wear. A technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your spongy brake pedal.