Q: My 2001 bmw325i will run for a while and all of sudden it quits. I have to let it sit for an hour or two to restart it.

My car will run for a while and it'll quit and I have to let it sit until it cools off..

Hi there. Check the battery and see how old the battery is in the vehicle. If the battery is aged, then check the water level if you can service the battery. If the battery is full, then check the voltage on the battery and place the battery on a load if it has a full charge of 12.6 volts. If the battery is working and holds a charge, then check the coolant temperature sensor and see if its working. It is possible that the sensor has failed causing the computer to think that the engine is overheating. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling and not restarting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• My 2001 bmw325i will run for a while and all of sudden it quits. I have to let it sit for an hour or two to restart it.