Q: Error code SRS system

An error code light comes on my brother’s TJ when you start it up, and it doesn’t turn off. It reads 31 different trouble codes varying from driver passenger squib error to squib ground fault that I have pulled from the supplemental restraint system. I thought is was the control module and bought a new one, but I still got the same error. Do you have any idea what this could be for?

Hello. The multitude of codes that the engine has leads me to believe that it was subject to flooding or submersion. The connectors and circuits of jeeps usually dry out because submersion is kind of what Jeeps are meant for, but water can get caught up and some components and not dry out.

I suggest that the circuits of the components where the Check Engine Lights are integrated with are checked for water damage or remaining water. It is likely that there is water inside of the fuse box shorting out the circuit which is likely why you are experiencing so many codes at one time. Usually when several codes are present, it is an electrical fault not a mechanical fault. I would recommend having a professional come check out your electrical system and diagnose each code individually in order to make the necessary repairs.