Q: I have toyota tundra 4.7 2007 the battery light show before start my car but when start its gone , is normal stay ON before start?

asked by on September 02, 2017

Hello , I have a Toyota Tundra 2007 4.7 , its normal that my truck stay showing battery light before start the ignition key? I mean , when I turn ON the ignition key my car show all the lights and after that all of them going OFF but battery light stay ON but when I start my truck Disappears completly , I check the alternator and show in my multimeter 13.7vdc and my battery is brand new with 12.7vdc, so practically I check all my fuses in case I have a short but nothing showing in short , I never saw this before in my dashboard , there are something else to check ? Can you tell me , or if there are one way to reset battery light at dashboard , I appreciate your help , I'm electrician but nothing show in short , maybe stayed in the computer as alarm , please can tell me what else can I do?
Thank you very much before hand .

The alternator charging light should be on when key is on without engine running. As soon as you start the engine the light should be off if the system is charging. Since you are getting 13.7 volts after it starts then the system is operating normally. If you see the light come on when the engine is running then it would have a problem.