Q: Heard a thunk and lost throttle

I was on the highway and heard a thunk. I then lost throttle and had to pull over.

A: There are several possible things that coul...

There are several possible things that could have happened. If the car is running, but has no throttle response, the throttle body could be bad. This is the part that opens as the accelerator is pressed to let more air and fuel into the engine, with out control, the engine would still run, but unable to rev up. If the car will not start, the timing belt may have broken and the camshafts can't turn, and the engine will not start. This would be a noisy scenario. I suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle for a proper diagnosis.