I started my car, but not all the way and pressed on the ...

Q: I started my car, but not all the way and pressed on the brakes a few times, and felt the brakes lock up a little bit. Turned on m

asked by on October 08, 2017

My car was on, but not all the way. I pressed on the brakes a few times, and felt the brakes lock up. I drove on to a road and brakes stopped working, they would go all the way to the floor. I pulled over and all of sudden my brakes started to work fine. No brake line is on, hopefully I don't need new brakes

You should first check brake fluid to see if it is low on fluid? If not low then your master cylinder has failed and will need to be replaced.