Q: During rain, dashboard lights & radio fade out - 1999 BMW 332is

The dashboard light in my car fades in and out when it is raining. The radio signal does the same thing in rainy weather. However, the CD player works fine. When I hit a puddle, sometimes the ABS light will come on, but it goes out when I restart my car. These three problems seem connected, as they all three get better at the same time or get worse at the same time. Do you think there is somewhere that these three meet (perhaps under the car) where water might be reaching them to cause them to short out during rainy weather?

A: Probably one or more electrical connections...

Probably one or more electrical connections are getting wet when it rains. The wheel speed sensor for example is at wheel level (inside the wheel arch), and catches all sort of road spray. Once you find the problem connectors, spray electrical "connector cleaner" on the connector before reassembling to prevent future recurrence. A professional mechanic, like a certified technician from YourMechanic, can help with the diagnosis and repair of the failing electrical components.