Q: door locks messed up

asked by on August 19, 2016

My door locks are messed up. All will lock except the drivers side, why?

Power door locks are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It sounds like you may have a lock solenoid failure. A lock solenoid is a magnetic device that pulls the lock mechanism to lock and unlock the door. If you can hear the solenoid clicking in the door, you may have a loose or broken control rod. If you need help with this repair, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to verify the cause of your door lock issue and give you a quote for repairs.