Q: Q: Clicking sound.

Left key on accessory battery is dead with key off makes click sound I want to know if charging battery will get rid of click sound

Hi There, Yes, generally, a dead battery will produce a clicking sound when trying to start the vehicle. This happens when the battery simply does not have enough power to turn the engine over. This is normally a very rapid click when the battery is weak. In some cases this will also happen when the starter solenoid is failing as well. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Clicking sound.