Q: My 4.3 vortex motor leaks like a faucet I think from the freeze plugs. Mechanic says there is water in the motor. What could I do

Leaking from the freeze plugs mechanic says there is water in the motor

Hi there. If the engine is leaking coolant from the freeze plugs then they simply need to be replaced. As long as the engine did not overheat then there should not be any issues within the engine. If the mechanic says that there is coolant in the engine then that may be due to an overheating issue. Unfortunately the cooling system cannot be fully inspected until the freeze plugs are replaced. You should get a certified mechanic to take a look at it, like one from YourMechanic, who can [diagnose where the coolant leaks are] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/coolant-is-leaking-inspection

• My 4.3 vortex motor leaks like a faucet I think from the freeze plugs. Mechanic says there is water in the motor. What could I do