Q: P0018

I got the code p0018 on my scanner i changed the camshaft sensor already and i still get the check engine light

Sensor output has to be directly tested (or the data/waveform viewed on a scanner) and determined to be faulty prior to replacement. If the sensor happens to test good then, the cause lies elsewhere. Code P0018 can set due to circuit problems on the sensor circuit and not necessarily a fault with the sensing element itself. There are also potential mechanical causes that have to be ruled out such as the bank No. 2 intake camshaft being out of position compared to the crankshaft position. The bank 2 camshaft phaser could be stuck in one position or will not move. The phaser might be oil starved due to the wrong oil viscosity and/or the oil control valve (OCV) could be stuck closed or open.

If you want these possibilities ruled in or out by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a check engine light diagnostic - DTC P0018 and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.