Q: Problem with dust getting into the car

When I drive on a dusty road, dirt gets into the car, the door jambs and in the seats. When I get in or out of the car, dust comes out and gets all over me. Any ideas how to fix that?

It sounds like you may have an issue with your weather stripping. The weather stripping is what prevents rain, snow, and dirt from entering your vehicle while the doors are shut.

It is also possible that your recirculation door in your climate control system is not functioning properly. If the recirculation door is stuck open, this will constantly allow outside air to enter the vehicle through your air vents. If this is the case, while driving on a dusty road, dust will certainly enter the vehicle.

I would recommend opening your door and checking the rubber to make sure that it is not damaged. I would also turn on your air conditioning and turn the recirculation feature on and off several times. While doing this you will be able to hear if the door is opening and closing.

If you notice anything irregular while checking these two items, have the repairs done by a certified mechanic. YourMechanic can send a qualified AC technician to your home or business to inspect your climate control system if necessary.