Q: Need an estimate on repair work.

I need an estimate on what it will take to get my car running. Do you charge for this? I also need to get it running enough to allow the body shop to repair the damage from a wreck the vehicle was in. Once the body work is done, I need the rest of the repair work completed. I bought the car at an online auction. It had been in a wreck, suffering both front and rear damage. The transporter was able jumped it off and started it, so I know it will start and drive, though the battery does not stay charged. I believe there is a parasitic drain from one of the smashed lights, or maybe a light in the rear hatch is staying on.

You can definitely call YourMechanic for a quote on the mechanical work for your car. If the vehicle started with a jump but won’t stay charged, the problem is likely in the starting/charging system. The battery or alternator may require replacement, or like you said, there could be a parasitic draw. A qualified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location and diagnosis your vehicle for you regarding your battery and any other issues you may find.

3. Need an estimate on repair work.