Q: Car shaking when we stop at lite feels like its going to die.

asked by on March 01, 2017

Hello ive been having a problem with the car this past two days when we stop at a light or just stop the car starts shaking and feels like its going to die we already did spark plug change oil change what could it be? Any help would be really helpful thank you in advanced

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The vehicle can have idling problems when there is an issue with fuel or exhaust issues. You can have the fuel pressure tested at the engine to see how much fuel is being supplied to the engine. If the pressure is low then you may need a new fuel pump and filter, but should at least change the fuel filter and retest. You may also want to inspect the exhaust system and make sure the engine can breath. The air intake system can also fail and cause similar symptoms. You may also then want to test the idle air control valve to make sure it is regulating air flow when not on the gas. Only further testing will tell. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.