Q: Brake wear warning light

A warning light showed up on my dashboard to check the brake wear and tear on my Lexus. So I took it to the local repair shop and got the brakes repaired with new sensors and pads. After doing this the warning light is still on. Do you know how I can get it to turn off?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2011 Lexus LS460. If the light does not clear after several drive cycles then there may be an open in either of the brake pad wear sensor circuits. Continuity of these circuits should be checked for integrity. Ensure the new sensors are properly seated in the connector to ensure good connection. If no obvious signs of damage or disconnection is found, you may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and expertise to diagnose the cause of the Brake Warning Light and make the appropriate repair.