Q: What does the Shift P warning mean?

What does the Shift P warning mean?

If your Altima is equipped with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and a start button, you may see the Shift P warning shown in the vehicle information display. This will show up any time you’ve pressed the push button to turn the engine off, but haven’t shifted the transmission to park yet. To turn the light off:

1. Press the button to engage the "On" position OR

2. Shift the car into park

You’ll also hear a warning chime if this happens. Once you shift to park, you’ll see a Push warning on the information display. Simply move the key from off to on and back, and the warning will disappear.

3. What does the Shift P warning mean?