Q: iPhone not charging from car receptacle

My iPhone will not charge in my car no matter what kind of charger I use. I had the lighter plug checked to see if it was producing voltage and it seems to be. I have to jiggle and twist the plug in and out to get any results.

A: Hi. You should have your lighter port chang...

Hi. You should have your lighter port changed to a 12 volt charging port. The older ports were only meant to be used as cigar lighters and are not capable of getting a good connection for chargers. They sell these new aftermarket power supply ports and you could have one installed. I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose your electrical problem to ensure your issue is fixed promptly and professionally.