Q: Car is shaking a lot.

Lately I have been driving and I noticed that my car has been shaking a bit near the hood area. It happens when I am slowly braking. I also noticed that when I begin to accelerate I heard some sorts of rattling. Do you know what it could be?

Thanks!

The vibration you are feeling while braking may be because of warped brake rotors. Brake rotors can warp when they are overheated from repeated hard stops. The rattling noise during acceleration may be due to a loose panel or heat shield somewhere on the car. Worn or broken mounts or fasteners can also cause excessive movement of some parts and result in a rattling noise. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer look and offer a more personal diagnosis or your vibration and noise concerns.