Q: Spitting coolant out of reservoir

asked by on August 23, 2016

I just traded for car it was fine when I got it I test drove dogged it a lil bit on the way home I stopped let the car run it spit coolant out not much enough to make it smoke I think it came out of reservoir is it just because I ran it so hard or could it be more

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You need to have the cooling system checked for overheating by pressure testing the system and checking for fan operation. The overflow reservoir should not spit out coolant even if you ran it hard. The engine is either overheating from the fan not working or has a blown head gasket. You should have your car looked at by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose your overheating issue and help you fix it.