Q: Blown head gasket but no water in oil and now it will not start

asked by on September 01, 2017

it started with the car overheating which I'm guessing blew the head gasket.didn't realize it was a blown head gasket so I continued to drive it until I could see huge amounts of white smoke coming from the tailpipe and continued overheating, and losing coolant frequently. Another thing is when I took it to the first repair shop The mechanic said he drained 10 quarts of oil (no water) must've gotten double filled I'm guessing... Now here's the real question: it will not start whatsoever, what could be going on in the engine that could Be causing this?

If for some reason the engine was over full of oil by 5 quarts then you may have oil above the pistons causing the no crank. All spark plugs will need to be removed and engine rotated to see if they are full of oil. If not then pressure test the cooling system and compression test and pressure test cylinders to see if head gasket is blown.