I can feel alot of movement/grinding under my foot when d...

Q: I can feel alot of movement/grinding under my foot when driving

asked by on July 03, 2017

Recently when driving I feel whatever parts would be directly under my feet moving and grinding like it may fall apart. I feel it worse at speeds over 40 and very bad over 55. My 4runner has bigger tires and slight lift but this feeling just started. I don't know what diagnosis I should be asking for.

Hi there. It’s possible that you have a driveshaft problem, issue with the steering box or suspension components. Due to the fact that multiple components are possibly the source of this noise, the best inspection to complete is have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection. This way they can come to your location and diagnose the source of the noise, and thus - determine what is damaged and needs replacement.