Q: I have no heat in my Jeep 2014 compass. I beleive I need a new thermostat, but I am not sure. What do you think ?

asked by on September 07, 2016

-I have no heat in my Jeep 2014 compass. I beleive I need a new thermostat, but I am not 100% sure. I had heat last week ! Now it's cool air coming out. The AC works perfectly....

Hey there. There are small vent doors within the ducting of the of the A/C and heater vents. Sometimes these doors will get stuck open or closed at times depending on how they are controlled. Your model year should have electronically controlled doors. There should be a plug behind the radio which is a multimode plug that should control this. You should have an expert inspect the system to verify the needed repair.

With regard to your thermostat, is the car overheating at all? If so, this may be a thermostat problem which I would also recommend having checked. If you need to have all of this diagnosed, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the A/C and cooling systems throughly in order to have this corrected.