Q: Transmission leak and no acceleration what could be the problem?

asked by on October 13, 2017

I was driving home a couple days ago in my 1963 Chevy c10 and as I had my foot on the gas it wouldn't accelerate I could hear the engine it wanted to but didn't move so I pulled over let it cool off for a bit tried it again it accelerated and then did it again it wouldn't accelerate again so i got it towed looked at it the next day and the transmission seal popped off and lost all the fluid so i replaced it put more fluid in it drove it around felt good the next day I take it out and again same thing but this time the seal stayed on and i wasn't leaking fluid until he got it on the flatbed then it started leaking again from the seal that i replaced. any idea on what it could be?

It is possible that your transmission could be slipping due to the fluid leak. I would recommend having a transmission inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact source of the leak. Once the leak source is determined and the leak is fixed the transmission should no longer have this issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr