Q: Transmission leak and no acceleration what could be the problem?

asked by on October 13, 2017

I was driving home a couple days ago in my 1963 Chevy c10 and as I had my foot on the gas it wouldn't accelerate I could hear the engine it wanted to but didn't move so I pulled over let it cool off for a bit tried it again it accelerated and then did it again it wouldn't accelerate again so i got it towed looked at it the next day and the transmission seal popped off and lost all the fluid so i replaced it put more fluid in it drove it around felt good the next day I take it out and again same thing but this time the seal stayed on and i wasn't leaking fluid until he got it on the flatbed then it started leaking again from the seal that i replaced. any idea on what it could be?

It is possible that your transmission could be slipping due to the fluid leak. I would recommend having a transmission inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact source of the leak. Once the leak source is determined and the leak is fixed the transmission should no longer have this issue.