Q: Tensioner needs replacing

I was told I need a new tensioner for my belt. The belt chirps for the first five miles or so after first starting in the morning, with it then disappearing later on. As long as I drive 20 miles or so, it is quiet the rest of the day, until the next morning.

Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement $134.17 - $573.33 Get a Quote

Hi. The belt tensioner pulley may need to be replaced if it is chirping. The chirping noise comes from the bearing inside the pulley that is worn out. It is typical for them to be replaced along with the serpentine belt at around 70,000 miles. I would recommend having a technician, like one from YourMechanic, replace the tensioner pulley to eliminate the noise.