Q: Thermostat - 2009 Mercury Milan

Service engine light came on i was told it was the thermostat housing assembly but my car isnt overheating and they said i couldnt just replace the sensor on the thermostat

Hello there. This is a common issue with your Mercury Milan. If the coolant temperature sensor reads improperly, it will set the service engine light and require replacement. This sensor is located in the thermostat housing. You can buy the thermostat housing with the sensor, or without it and the old sensor will need to be swapped. For help having this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic will be able to inspect the system and replace the thermostat housing or sensor as necessary.