Q: Q: High rpms and no acceleration

I was driving my sonoma yesterday to home and i slowed for a yield sign and then turned and then accelerated back up to speed and as i was on the gas ,it didnt accelerate and had high rpms. So i put it in neutral and pushed it to a nearby street and i left it on and kept it in neutral. And then i waited several minutes to put it back in drive. Once it went back in drive it was fine and had no problem for the rest of the way home... Any solutions would be helpful

My car has 184,524 My car has an automatic transmission.

This may be a result of low transmission fluid or potentially a faulty transmission control module. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears. The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. Other components controlled by the TCM are components such as a kick down switch, traction control system, and cruise control module. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your vehicle. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission shifting problem.

3. Q: High rpms and no acceleration