Key not starting car keys 2002 v6-3.0l toyota camry ignit...

Q: Key not starting car

asked by on February 09, 2016

When I stick my key in the ignition, the key won't try to completely start the car. I am not sure if the problem is with the key or the ignition cylinder.

Another key could be used to see if the lock cylinder will turn completely. Chances are either the lock cylinder itself or the lock cylinder housing is at fault. The may both need to be replaced to restore ignition operation. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the training to service the ignition lock cylinder and steering column to repair the ignition system.