Q: Smoke after warms up

asked by on February 17, 2017

After Co2 emission update start smoke if i unplug the MAF it stop smoke,changed the MAF still the same what could cause the white-blue smoke?

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. Typically when the vehicle has blue smoke from the exhaust after warming up, it means that the engine is burning oil. This happens when oil leaks into the combustion chambers from a head gasket, valve seals, or from the piston rings. The first thing you should do is check the level of you engine oil. If it is low, then that is further confirmation that oil is being consumed. Make sure you keep the oil topped off if you must drive the vehicle. An issue like this will only worsen and cause more damage. Seek a repair as soon as possible. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.