Q: 2015 hyundai sanota engine replacement wont start.

asked by on December 15, 2016

i am a tech in MI customer blew his engine in his 2015 hyundai sanota. I am doing n engine replacement. we are using an engine out of a 2016 sanota and putting it into the 15 sanota i have it all hooked up except alternator and a/c compressor i tryed to start it. at first didnt want to respond with the key fab (push button) but now it will crank and crank but no start? i triple checked all my wiring and hoses seem everything is hooked up im at home now and wont see the car till morning but some pointers would be great. Do i need to have the pcm/ecm programmed

Hi there:

Yes, in most cases when you replace the OEM engine from any newer vehicle, you have to reprogram the ECU to communicate with the new engine. This is typically only done at a dealership these days.