Q: Check Engine Light and air conditioning problems

My Check Engine Light is on. I was told that the code reader says I need to replace the spark plugs, and the camshaft position sensor. I am also having issues with my air conditioner. Sometimes the unit stops blowing cold air out of the vents. Instead, a mist comes out, in which case, the air from the vents seems to stops blowing completely out of the front vents, while blowing hot air out the rear vents.

The Check Engine Light illumination is most likely due to your engine having a misfire, and also getting a code to the cam sensor. If the misfire code is pointing to a particular cylinder misfiring, there could be another problem with the ignition system. The cam sensor should also be checked for failure.

The AC can then be checked for the system freezing up from possible temperature sensor failure, or a problem with the expansion valve. Only an in-person check can diagnose all three problems.

I would recommend that you start by having the Check Engine Light illumination diagnosed by a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic.