Q: loud hum coming from the front tires when driving on highway

I am hearing a loud hum coming from the front tires when driving on highway at 70mph (speed limit in Texas) If you turn the wheels slightly the hum will go away. --- but then you are drifting toward the neighboring lane. the hum is not noticeable at low speeds.

I am concerned one of the tires is rubbing on something creating a hum.and maybe causing wear on the tire in a place that could cause a blow out.

my car has 90000.
The car had at brake job on the front end in May.. The sound did not start until after that brake job.( maybe a few weeks later - 1000 or less.).

I also noticed more brake dust on the front drivers side wheel than any of the other wheels. so I took the car to the dealership. I had a call today that the caliper is stuck on that front driver side wheel? and they are working to fix it.

I am not sure that would cause the loud hum. but a stuck caliper must be repaired.

Is there a part of the caliper that would rub on the tire to create a hum? I am just not sure of the mechanics of this situation.

Any other Ideas on the hum? I don't want to have a blow out driving on a highway with a 70mph speed limit

Hello. The brake caliper hanging up can cause the noise you are hearing. If the caliper is causing the brake pads to drag, this will occur. It can also be caused by a bearing failing, which will cause the noise and the caliper to hang up. Most commonly though, it is caused by a tire that is wearing unevenly. If the tire has some odd wear from lack of rotation or from a worn out strut, then this noise can happen. I usually check the tires first and even cross rotate them to see if the noise changes. If it remains the same, then the tires are not the issue. If the shop does not fix it correctly, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the noise and let you know exactly what’s going on.

3. loud hum coming from the front tires when driving on highway