Q: my car not start and no crank

asked by on August 21, 2016

I get code P1000 and P1260 what to do

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The code P1000 indicates that the evaporative emission system has not completed its automatic testing of the system. It sometimes takes more than one drive to complete the tests. A combination of highway and city driving is needed to complete testing for this code.

The P1260 code indicates that the vehicle thinks that a theft has occurred and engaged the immobilizer. If you have the original key. you can try to lock and unlock the doors using both the key fob and the actual key. Sometimes that is enough to reset the anti-theft system. If there is a problem with your key or the ignition receiver, you may need to go to the dealer to have the system checked to ensure that the proper key is programmed to the vehicle.