Q: My car shakes badly mostly between 40-70 mph and gets better when I left off gas.. Help plz

asked by on March 24, 2017

When accelerating car begins to shake badly mostly between 50-70mph. If I let off gas peddle it doesn't shake anymore

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The most common cause of shaking is a misfire. Misfiring is a general term for any kind of issue with the combustion of the air fuel mixture in the combustion chambers. Start by having the vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes, and use them to help point you in the right direction. If there is a sensor or electrical issue, it will likely show there, even without a check engine light on. With no codes, you will want to look into the spark plugs and the ignition system, the fuel pressure, and the condition of the fluids in the vehicle. For more help with this testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.