Q: Misfire code 302 cylinder 2

asked by on October 07, 2016

Already replaced spark plugs with no resolution. Moved coil/boot from cylinder 2 to cylinder 1. If I recheck the codes and I get a cylinder 1 misfire code, I assume it is a bad coil, other wise the problem still resides in cylinder 2. Is my logic correct?

Ignition Coil Replacement $117.12 - $544.72 Get a Quote
Fuel Injector Replacement $383.27 - $3874.74 Get a Quote

Hey there. Your logic is absolutely correct. This is in fact one of the most commonly used ways to diagnose a bad ignition coil. If the trouble code turns to a P0301, the ignition coil is faulty. If the trouble code remains a P0302, the problem could be the cylinder two fuel injector causing this issue. If this is the case, I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a qualified professional to replace your fuel injector on the number two cylinder.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr