Q: 2012 Mazda 3 vibration

My 2012 mazda 3 scyactive have tremendous shaking while accelerating. The whole car shakes. It doesn't do this when idle or when on park and reving

A number of components can cause a vibration. An engine misfire can cause a bad vibration but odds are that if misfiring was the cause, you would have low power and a check engine light flashing. Vibrations at speed can be caused by a few things. Bad inner c/v joints in the front axle shafts can be a cause. When inner c/v joints are worn, they can cause a vibration that is felt while accelerating but may not be felt when you release the gas pedal. Other vibration sources can be from the wheels and tires. A bent wheel or out of balance tire/wheel combination can cause vibrations at speed. Also, if a tire has a shifted or broken belt, the car can vibrate badly. A broken or shifted belt can cause the tire to be out of round - no longer perfectly round and possibly "egg-shaped". A tire with a shifted belt can be dangerous as it could fail at any time. Also, worn inner c/v joints causing a vibration can be dangerous as well. If an inner joint breaks while driving (as with the tire), you can loose control of the vehicle. Have a certified technician inspect the vehicle as soon as possible to find the exact cause.

3. 2012 Mazda 3 vibration